Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Work, work, work... all day long

I have a hard time explaining what I do for a living to a lot of people, so I figured I would take my sister's idea and display in pictures.


Q: Who do you work for?
A: General Communications, Inc.


Q: What do you do?
A: My company is an Audio-Visual Systems Integrator.
My technical title is "Sales Administrative Assistant"
My primary roles are assisting the outside sales team in completing contracts, managing a contact database, processing paperwork when a contract is landed, and any other task that I am assigned via upper management or by a sales team member.




Q: What does your company do?
A: My company designs, builds, installs and integrates high-end Audio-Visual systems in end-user facilities.
Meaning: if a business, government entity, school, or health care facility wants to have any A/V equipment put into thier location we can do it.
From small to large applications we can design a system (with our in-house engineers), calculate the expenditures (in-house estimating department), and install/integrate the system with what is already at the end location (huge installation team that travels inside and outside of the United States).
Basically, we're a one-stop shop for a happy end-user.
Here's a few pictures of completed work:
Salt Lake Community College - ASL Labratory


Boondocks - control room


Intermountain Medical Center (inside view of one of the racks)


Pinedale Aquatic Center (Wyoming)

Q: Who do you work with?
A: I work with guys mainly
(although the number of women working here is growing)

Lalo Guadaramma (Project Manager)David Rees (Technician)Gary Lund (Estimator)
Andrew Collette (Estimator)
Evan Weight (Estimator)
Colby Rytting (Sales - Health Care Development Manager)
Nathan Wright (AutoCAD technician)

Lynn Southworth (Service Technician)
Justin Cahoon (IT)
Connie Lane (Receptionist)
Russ Cahoon (Inside Sales)
I like my job, and what I do.
I've been with General Communications for over a year now (my longest position held in my life besides being a student)
For now, it pays the bills, but being a full-time mom is in my future (no, I'm not pregnant yet).
So... I guess if this doesn't answer all of your questions about my company and/or what I do you can always send me an e-mail or something if you really want to know more.
Otherwise...I'm done explaining TA-DA!

No comments: