Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 16: Someone or something you definitely could live without.

Something: makeup.

It baffles me how both my mother and my sister double-attacked me over Christmas vacation this year about me not wearing makeup to church. Really - it's not necessary.

I feel confident in my own skin. I don't like my acne - but I don't feel the need to cover it up and/or make it worse by exposing it to more crap than my normal body oils, etc.

My best friend in High School NEVER wore makeup. Ever. And I owe her a lot.
She gave me the confidence to do the same - granted, a few years down the road.

I find that when I don't have to fret about how my face looks I'm a much happier and less stressed out of a person. My skin feels better. My skin heals better. And really - I don't find "putting on a mask" makes me feel any better about myself.

Besides, my husband doesn't like to kiss me when I'm wearing any. It just gets in the way.

So... look out world. I don't wear makeup, and I don't give a damn about what you think about that. I like myself this way.

1 comment:

Swinging On Small Hinges said...

I rarely wear makeup. And Kayley is of the opinion that makeup "is a pain in the bum". I hope she keeps that mindset!