Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 22: Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.

Oh there's a fair number of things I could put down here.

However, with all the lessons I've learned from doing all of those "things," I really believe that I am better off for having done them.

I still think the one and only "thing" or situation that stands out in my mind is in regards to one of my previous co-workers. I wish I hadn't trusted him.

However, going through "that situation" allowed me to see the true nature of my current boyfriend at the time, and allowed me to learn that I was willing and able to stand up for myself and not be victimized a second time around. I went through everything by myself. Completely alone. Hospital, lawyer, court, etc.

I don't think I even told my mother about this all 'till a year later. In fact, I'm pretty certain of that.

Because of that lesson I've been able to protect other women from him in the future. We're talking permanent record, and lifelong restraining order from the state I reside in. Convicted, sentenced, prevented from making someone else a victim.

So really, regardless of the fact that I wish I hadn't trusted him. I'm glad I was able to learn my various lessons afterward and become a better person because of it.

I think the eluded to story pretty much speaks for itself.
I don't let others tread on me anymore.

No comments: