Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.

It's not a huge "out-there" kind of view change but...

In my British Literature class back in High School I read both Beowulf and Grendel, by John Gardner.

I was surprised by how much Grendel changed my view on the whole "what was right" within the story Beowulf.

I like the book a lot. I've even recommended it to my father (and my recommending a book to my dad took a lot of guts - this man is well read).

So yeah - not a huge change - just an opening of perspective.

You should read it.
Here's a preview:
http://books.google.com/books?id=RXw4jDg7o40C&printsec=frontcover&dq=grendel&source=bl&ots=FSdkMjQb-K&sig=yr-Om1KY3qIxzll594Lm1wPEIZ0&hl=en&ei=bXgjTZv6EJOssAOiobWSCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&sqi=2&ved=0CFEQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q&f=false

No comments: