Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 8: Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like crap.

Looking back over my life thus far, I'll admit I've had bad relationships, and even enemies. There have been several who have treated me badly.

However, it's hard for me to focus on only one. There are so many past instances in my life that I have truly "gotten over" and "forgiven."

I don't believe that re-opening some of those wounds, which I have already healed, are worth naming a name. I've truly forgiven those people.

So... I'm turning this into a "person who made you appreciate your life all that much more by their poor example."

That boils down to my grandmother.

I love her dearly, but we're not close. However, due to her lack of warmth I've developed even stronger connections with my immediate and extended family. It's funny how one rotten egg can sometimes bring the rest together.

For that, I am truly grateful.

No comments: