Sunday, December 19, 2010

Blowing chunks

The title truly says it all.
This is the 3rd time I've truly thrown up real food since becoming pregnant.

Yes, you read that right.

I'm pregnant. About 7-8 weeks a long as of Wednesday. I give a range because I still haven't had my first sonogram, but my Doctor did confirm my pregnancy with a blood test (on a Wednesday) and told me I was 3-4 weeks a long when she gave me the results. So yeah, until an OB gives me an official week number and due date, it's between weeks and end of July - Beginning of August for the due date.

So... I've joined the world-wide group of expecting mothers that have that lovely thing commonly called "morning sickness."
This is a curse.
Basically, I didn't have any morning sickness whatsoever when I was pregnant with Kayley. So, this is all new to me. So far I've managed to gag myself on my toothbrush every morning since I was 4-5 weeks a long, some times throwing up stomach juices (I intentionally brush my teeth before I eat).
But, as for real food loss - only 3 meals.

Let me say this much - being able to manage my blood sugars accurately with this pregnancy has been horrible. When I throw up - I go super low considering I've already taken insulin for the food I ate. And if I correct my blood sugar with juice or a capri sun... well... lets just say that juice in general is not sitting well on my tummy. Basically comes right back up within a half hour.

So yeah... I'm sitting in front of my computer at 4:56am with my pink "hospital bucket" (the cute rectangular one I got from the last time I was in a maternity ward - but never had to use) in case I don't stop heaving for the next little while, whining to all of cyber-space about being pregnant and feeling ill. Just thought you'd all like to know.

Hopefully the next post will be much happier. :P

No comments: