Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.

My voice.

Even if I'm not in church choir, or someone only catches me singing to myself in the elevator at work. It always baffles me that so many people in my life have complimented my voice.

It's odd. Even at my current job. I answer calls and it seems at least every other call I get complimented on how pleasant of a voice I have. How I'm so nice to listen to, and so easy to understand. I guess being raised in a family where your spoken diction or grammar was automatically corrected has brought me a long way in that regard.

But... on the singing part of things. I just don't get it some times. I know I sing well - but I don't consider myself to be anything special as far as my voice goes. And several people in "the industry" have assured me of such. So it's hard to have any compliments on my singing ability boost my confidence at all if I don't know that person's vocal credentials. I've been tainted. :(

No comments: